"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
BELSKY MOTOR COMPANY
BELSKY MOTOR COMPANY. Belsky Motor Company was founded by Jack M., Charles, and Max B. BELL. The company was a distributor of Buick and Cadillac automobiles and was a retail outlet for the Goodyear Rubber Company. (1)
Belsky Motors began in 1913 and was located at Iowa and Sixth. It was still listed there in 1922.
The 1923 Dubuque City Directory listed 588 Iowa.
The 1929 and 1934 Dubuque City Directory listed the corner of Iowa and 8th.
The 1937 Dubuque Consurvey Directory gave the address as 8th from Iowa to Central.
The 1939 Dubuque Classified Business Directory through 1962 Dubuque City Directory listed 870 Iowa.
The company became SHIKE-RICHARDSON, INC., a dealer for Buick, Cadillac and Honda automobiles.
"Max B. Bell Dies in Miami," Telegraph Herald, December 21, 1962, p. 1