"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"


Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




SIBBING'S JEWELRY: Difference between revisions

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 10: Line 10:


The business relocated in 1977 to 890 Main.
The business relocated in 1977 to 890 Main.
The 1980 ''Dubuque City Directory'' listed the Graham Building.


[[Image:sibbings1.jpg|left|thumb|250px|1979 advertisement. Photo courtesy: Bob Reding]]
[[Image:sibbings1.jpg|left|thumb|250px|1979 advertisement. Photo courtesy: Bob Reding]]


[[Category: Jewelry Store]]
[[Category: Jewelry Store]]

Revision as of 18:50, 17 February 2013

Photo courtesy: Bob Reding

SIBBING'S JEWELRY. H.F.C. Schneider opened a jewelry store in downtown Dubuque in 1882. Ed Sibbing joined the firm, and the company was renamed Schneider and Sibbing's. Sibbing purchased the business in 1922 and changed the name to--Sibbing's. The 1929 through 1941 Dubuque City Directory listed the address as 803 Main.

After the death of Sibbing in 1942, the business was purchased by Nat Teguns. In 1951 through 1966 the Dubuque City Directory listed 835 Main for the store's location.

In 1952 Ray Robey purchased the business from Tegun. Sibbings was last owned by George E. ROBEY.

From 1970 to 1972 the company was located at 835 Main.

In 1976 the business address was 896 Town Clock Plaza.

The business relocated in 1977 to 890 Main.

The 1980 Dubuque City Directory listed the Graham Building.


1979 advertisement. Photo courtesy: Bob Reding