"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"


Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




J. P. FERRING AND COMPANY: Difference between revisions

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
No edit summary
 
Line 1: Line 1:
J. P. FERRING AND COMPANY. J. P. Ferring and Company was started in 1889. Its owner, J. P. Ferring had begun working in the grocery business in 1859 with [[RUMPF, W. H.|W. H. RUMPF]]. He remain in that business for thirty years with the last three seeing the company called [[RUMPF, HOSFORD & FERRING]]. Ferring died on September 30, 1892. (1) The company was continued by his son, John. (2)
J. P. FERRING AND COMPANY. J. P. Ferring and Company was started in 1889. Its owner, J. P. Ferring had begun working in the grocery business in 1859 with [[RUMPF, W. H.|W. H. RUMPF]]. He remain in that business for thirty years with the last three seeing the company called [[RUMPF, HOSFORD & FERRING]]. Ferring died on September 30, 1892. (1) The company was continued by his son, John. (2) In the same year, however, the company was merged into the [[SCHROEDER-KLEINE GROCER COMPANY]]. (3)


The 1890-91 ''Dubuque City Directory'' listed a grocer at 280 Main.
The 1890-91 ''Dubuque City Directory'' listed a grocer at 280 Main.
Line 12: Line 12:


2. "Municipal Molecules," ''Dubuque Daily Herald'', October 5, 1892, p. 4
2. "Municipal Molecules," ''Dubuque Daily Herald'', October 5, 1892, p. 4
3. "A Consolidation," ''Dubuque Daily Herald'', October 20, 1892, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=_OG5zn83XeQC&dat=18921020&printsec=frontpage&hl=en




[[Category: Wholesale Grocer]]
[[Category: Wholesale Grocer]]

Latest revision as of 17:21, 19 November 2016

J. P. FERRING AND COMPANY. J. P. Ferring and Company was started in 1889. Its owner, J. P. Ferring had begun working in the grocery business in 1859 with W. H. RUMPF. He remain in that business for thirty years with the last three seeing the company called RUMPF, HOSFORD & FERRING. Ferring died on September 30, 1892. (1) The company was continued by his son, John. (2) In the same year, however, the company was merged into the SCHROEDER-KLEINE GROCER COMPANY. (3)

The 1890-91 Dubuque City Directory listed a grocer at 280 Main.

The 1899-1900 Dubuque City Directory listed the SECURITY BUILDING.

---

Source:

1. "Suddenly Summoned," Dubuque Daily Herald, October 1, 1892, p. 4

2. "Municipal Molecules," Dubuque Daily Herald, October 5, 1892, p. 4

3. "A Consolidation," Dubuque Daily Herald, October 20, 1892, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=_OG5zn83XeQC&dat=18921020&printsec=frontpage&hl=en