Encyclopedia Dubuque
"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
SIBBING'S JEWELRY: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image:sibbings.jpg|left|thumb|350px|Photo courtesy: Bob Reding]]SIBBING'S JEWELRY. H.F.C. Schneider opened a jewelry store in downtown Dubuque in 1882. Ed Sibbing joined the firm and the company was renamed Schneider and Sibbing's. Sibbing purchased the business in 1922 and changed the name to--Sibbing's. | [[Image:sibbings.jpg|left|thumb|350px|Photo courtesy: Bob Reding]]SIBBING'S JEWELRY. H.F.C. Schneider opened a jewelry store in downtown Dubuque in 1882. Ed Sibbing joined the firm and the company was renamed Schneider and Sibbing's. Sibbing purchased the business in 1922 and changed the name to--Sibbing's. The 1929 ''Dubuque City Directory'' listed the address as 803 Main. | ||
After the death of Sibbing in 1942, the business was purchased by Nat Teguns. In 1952 Ray Robey purchased the business from Tegun. Sibbings was last owned by [[ROBEY, George E.|George E. ROBEY]]. In 1976 the business address was 896 Town Clock Plaza. | After the death of Sibbing in 1942, the business was purchased by Nat Teguns. In 1952 Ray Robey purchased the business from Tegun. Sibbings was last owned by [[ROBEY, George E.|George E. ROBEY]]. In 1976 the business address was 896 Town Clock Plaza. |
Revision as of 03:40, 16 August 2011
SIBBING'S JEWELRY. H.F.C. Schneider opened a jewelry store in downtown Dubuque in 1882. Ed Sibbing joined the firm and the company was renamed Schneider and Sibbing's. Sibbing purchased the business in 1922 and changed the name to--Sibbing's. The 1929 Dubuque City Directory listed the address as 803 Main.
After the death of Sibbing in 1942, the business was purchased by Nat Teguns. In 1952 Ray Robey purchased the business from Tegun. Sibbings was last owned by George E. ROBEY. In 1976 the business address was 896 Town Clock Plaza.