"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"


Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




SIBBING'S JEWELRY: Difference between revisions

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(New page: SIBBING'S JEWELRY. H.F.C. Schneider opened a jewelry store in downtown Dubuque in 1882. Ed Sibbing joined the firm and the company was renamed Schneider and Sibbing's. Sibbing purchased th...)
 
No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
SIBBING'S JEWELRY. H.F.C. Schneider opened a jewelry store in downtown Dubuque in 1882. Ed Sibbing joined the firm and the company was renamed Schneider and Sibbing's. Sibbing purchased the business in 1922 and changed the name to--Sibbing's. After the death of Sibbing in 1942, the business was purchased by Nat Teguns.  In 1952 Ray Robey purchased the business from Tegun. Sibbings was last owned by George Robey.
[[Image:sibbings.jpg|left|thumb|350px|Photo courtesy: Bob Reding]]SIBBING'S JEWELRY. H.F.C. Schneider opened a jewelry store in downtown Dubuque in 1882. Ed Sibbing joined the firm and the company was renamed Schneider and Sibbing's. Sibbing purchased the business in 1922 and changed the name to--Sibbing's. After the death of Sibbing in 1942, the business was purchased by Nat Teguns.  In 1952 Ray Robey purchased the business from Tegun. Sibbings was last owned by George Robey.


[[Category: Company]]
[[Category: Company]]

Revision as of 03:26, 31 July 2010

Photo courtesy: Bob Reding

SIBBING'S JEWELRY. H.F.C. Schneider opened a jewelry store in downtown Dubuque in 1882. Ed Sibbing joined the firm and the company was renamed Schneider and Sibbing's. Sibbing purchased the business in 1922 and changed the name to--Sibbing's. After the death of Sibbing in 1942, the business was purchased by Nat Teguns. In 1952 Ray Robey purchased the business from Tegun. Sibbings was last owned by George Robey.