"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"


Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




PIEKENBROCK & DEUSS: Difference between revisions

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 6: Line 6:
This was the same address used in 1870-1871 through 1873-74 when the company was listed as a wholesaler of hats and caps.  
This was the same address used in 1870-1871 through 1873-74 when the company was listed as a wholesaler of hats and caps.  


According to the 1878-79 through 1883 ''Dubuque City Directory'', this business was located at 456 Main.
Up until 1877 the company was located at 575 Main, a building into which [[J. P. FARLEY AND SONS]] moved in 1877. (1)
 
According to the 1878-79 through 1883 ''Dubuque City Directory'', this business was located at 456 Main.  
[[Image:piekenbrockdeuss.jpg|left|thumb|200px|Trade card]]
[[Image:piekenbrockdeuss.jpg|left|thumb|200px|Trade card]]
---
Source:
1. "Caught on the Fly," ''Dubuque Herald'', April 7, 1877, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=uh8FjILnQOkC&dat=18770407&printsec=frontpage&hl=en


[[Category: Hats and Caps]]
[[Category: Hats and Caps]]

Revision as of 20:50, 29 November 2015

PIEKENBROCK & DEUSS.

Trade Card
Piekenbrocktc.png

The 1867 Dubuque City Directory and the 1868 Guide, Gazetteer and Directory of the Dubuque & Soux (sic) City Railroad stated that this business was located at 113 Main. In 1867 it was listed as a hat and cap supplier.

This was the same address used in 1870-1871 through 1873-74 when the company was listed as a wholesaler of hats and caps.

Up until 1877 the company was located at 575 Main, a building into which J. P. FARLEY AND SONS moved in 1877. (1)

According to the 1878-79 through 1883 Dubuque City Directory, this business was located at 456 Main.

Trade card

---

Source:

1. "Caught on the Fly," Dubuque Herald, April 7, 1877, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=uh8FjILnQOkC&dat=18770407&printsec=frontpage&hl=en