"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"

Encyclopedia Dubuque


"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.


From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to navigationJump to search

R. P. MINSHALL. R.P. Minshall operated a jewelry store on the corner of 5th and Main until November 1865 when he merged his business with jewelry form of THOMPSON AND JONES. (1)

The 1865 Dubuque City Directory listed 128 Main.

The 1868-69 and 1870-1871 Dubuque City Directory listed 104 1/2 Main.

The 1873-74 Dubuque City Directory listed the address as 104 Main.

The 1874-1875 Dubuque City Directory stated that this business was located at 630 Main.



"A New Firm, Dubuque Herald, November 18, 1865, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=uh8FjILnQOkC&dat=18651118&printsec=frontpage&hl=en