"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
PHOENIX PARK. A small triangular piece of property along Jones Street and running northerly between Main and West Main to where the streets come together, the land was acquired by the DUBUQUE HARBOR COMPANY in 1856. The 1/10 acre of land was once used as a market place. It has become known as Flat Iron Park.
"Eagle Point and Grandview Tourist Parks Attract Many Visitors From Other States," Telegraph-Herald and Times-Journal, August 6, 1933, p. 23