"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"


Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




MULLEN BROS. & COMPANY

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to navigationJump to search
Back room of Mullen Bros. c. 1912. Photo courtesy: https://digitalcollections.loras.edu/items/show/226
1951 advertisement. Photo courtesy: Bob Reding

MULLEN BROS. & COMPANY. In 1892 Daniel P. Mullen organized the firm of Mullen Brothers. The four brothers involved in the partnership were Richard D., John, Michael and Daniel P. This continued unchanged until 1899, when, owing to the retirement of John and Michael, Richard D. and Michael continued the company. Their plumbing business had offices and a warehouse at 1036 Main.

In 1922 James W. LUNDON purchased a third interest in the firm. The company was then renamed Mullen Bros. & Company. Under this name, the company was incorporated in 1929. Beginning with its incorporation, Lundon served as the company president.

The 1899-1900 Dubuque City Directory through the 1951 Dubuque City Directory gave the company address as 1036 Main.

Stock certificate. Photo courtesy: Bob Reding
Letterhead: Photo courtesy: Bob Reding
Ink blotter
Letterhead: Photo courtesy: Bob Reding
Photo courtesy: Bob Reding
Letterhead: Photo courtesy: Bob Reding
Photo courtesy: Bob Reding