"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
HOPKINS AND WITTY
HOPKINS AND WITTY. Hopkins and Witty was started in 1896 by L. S. Hopkins and Joseph Witty who had been employed by the A. Knight Jewelry Company. They operated their business for twenty-five years at 864 Main.
With the death of Joseph Witty, L.S. Hopkins purchased his partner's interest and the store was renamed in 1923 to the HOPKINS JEWELRY SHOP.
"Change Firm Name Hopkins & Witty," Dubuque Telegraph-Herald, April 1, 1923, p. 9