"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
FRANK HARDIE ADVERTISING INC.
FRANK HARDIE ADVERTISING INC. Founded in 1947 by Frank HARDIE, the company produced signs--electrical and neon, fluorescent lights, outdoor poster advertising, painted bulletins, and porcelain storefronts.
The 1948 Dubuque Classified Business Directory listed the corner of Dodge and Bluff.
The 1951 through 1966 Dubuque City Directory listed 3535 University.
In 1967 through 1972 the company was located at 3250 Dodge Street.
The company purchased the 71-year old METZ MANUFACTURING COMPANY building in 1972 after Metz closed down its custom woodworking business. At the time of the acquisition, Hardie Advertising had thirty-three employees.
The 1974 through 1993 Dubuque City Directory listed Elm at 17th St.
Directory of Dubuque Industries. Prepared by the Dubuque Industrial Bureau, 1967