"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
C. W. ROBINSON COMPANY
C. W. ROBINSON COMPANY. Established in 1875 and located at Main and Railroad Avenue, this lumberyard covered an estimated ten acres. It operated only a cutting mill and did not raft logs. The company's annual production was between eight and ten million feet of lumber.
With the death of Robinson in 1891, the company was reorganized by two employees and became known as the Svendson-Ott Lumber Company. The interest owned by Svendson was purchased in 1896 by Joseph A. MEUSER and Peter J. SEIPPEL.