Encyclopedia Dubuque
"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.” —Marshall Cohen, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association
DUBUQUE AREA SHELTERED WORKSHOP: Difference between revisions
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
| Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image:801garfield.jpg|left|thumb|250px|1801 Garfield. Photo in 2011]]DUBUQUE AREA SHELTERED WORKSHOP. Program established through the efforts of the Dubuque County Association for Retarded Citizens, Inc. Founded in August 1963, the Workshop was started to provide work training for the mentally handicapped. The Workshop was incorporated in 1968 and became independent. Renamed the Alois and Mable Hoffman Industrial Development Center, it was located at 801 Garfield Avenue in Dubuque in the building once used by [[THIRD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH]]. | [[Image:801garfield.jpg|left|thumb|250px|1801 Garfield. Photo in 2011]]DUBUQUE AREA SHELTERED WORKSHOP. Program established through the efforts of the Dubuque County Association for Retarded Citizens, Inc. Founded in August 1963, the Workshop was started to provide work training for the mentally handicapped. The Workshop was incorporated in 1968 and became independent. Renamed the Alois and Mable Hoffman Industrial Development Center, it was located at 801 Garfield Avenue in Dubuque in the building once used by [[THIRD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH]]. | ||
[[Category: | [[Category: Social Service Agencies]] | ||
Revision as of 01:12, 10 April 2014

DUBUQUE AREA SHELTERED WORKSHOP. Program established through the efforts of the Dubuque County Association for Retarded Citizens, Inc. Founded in August 1963, the Workshop was started to provide work training for the mentally handicapped. The Workshop was incorporated in 1968 and became independent. Renamed the Alois and Mable Hoffman Industrial Development Center, it was located at 801 Garfield Avenue in Dubuque in the building once used by THIRD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH.


