"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"

Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




Difference between revisions of "ZUCKIES LADIES READY TO WEAR"

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
ZUCKIES LADIES READY TO WEAR. After losing his lease in the Clewell Building on February 1, 1992, [[ZUCKERMAN, Harvey|Harvey ZUCKERMAN]], president of the Estes Corporation, chose to close the family owned business. Zuckies was opened by Zuckerman's father, Meyer Zuckerman, in 1931 above the Hartig drug store. In the mid-1930s it moved to 635 Main Street and then in 1970 to the Nesler Center. It remained there for seven years before relocating to the Clewell Building.  The three employees who were working at Zuckies would be moved to [[STEVENS SMARTWEAR]] in [[KENNEDY MALL]].
+
ZUCKIES LADIES READY TO WEAR. After losing his lease in the Clewell Building on February 1, 1992, [[ZUCKERMAN, Harvey|Harvey ZUCKERMAN]], president of the Estes Corporation, chose to close the family owned business. Zuckies was opened by Zuckerman's father, Meyer Zuckerman, in 1931 above the Hartig drug store. In the mid-1930s it moved to 635 Main Street and then in 1970 to the Nesler Center. It remained there for seven years before relocating to the Clewell Building.  The three employees who were working at Zuckies were moved to [[STEVENS SMARTWEAR]] in [[KENNEDY MALL]].
  
 
---
 
---

Latest revision as of 20:28, 16 May 2018

ZUCKIES LADIES READY TO WEAR. After losing his lease in the Clewell Building on February 1, 1992, Harvey ZUCKERMAN, president of the Estes Corporation, chose to close the family owned business. Zuckies was opened by Zuckerman's father, Meyer Zuckerman, in 1931 above the Hartig drug store. In the mid-1930s it moved to 635 Main Street and then in 1970 to the Nesler Center. It remained there for seven years before relocating to the Clewell Building. The three employees who were working at Zuckies were moved to STEVENS SMARTWEAR in KENNEDY MALL.

---

Source:

Webber, Steve. "Downtown Firm Closing After 60 Years," Telegraph Herald, January 1, 1991, p. 3A