"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"

Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org




VIOLINS

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to: navigation, search
Fuller.png
1906 violin
VIOLINS. Violins, patterned after the famed Strativarius and Guarnarius, were manufactured in Dubuque from 1908 to 1926 by James Fuller who operated a shop at 17th and Clay STREETS.

His instruments, accepted nationally in music schools and by professional musicians internationally, were made of seasoned wood salvaged from old furniture Fuller purchased in second-hand stores. The wood from two bedside boards, purchased for one dollar, was sufficient for eight violins. Fuller also repaired violins and other musical instruments. He later moved to Davenport.

---

Source:

Dilworth, John. The Brompton’s Book of Violin & Bow Makers. Online: http://www.amati.com/maker/fuller-james-a.html