SAINT MARK LUTHERAN CHURCH
The congregation chose to establish the St. Mark Community Center for Ministry. The responsibility for development of programs and operating the center was given to the Lutheran churches in Conference XI Assembly of the Northeast Iowa Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and Grace Lutheran Church of East Dubuque, Illinois. Five thousand dollars were donated to the conference by St. Mark for operating expenses and another five thousand dollars was made available as a matching grant.
The 1987 Dubuque City Directory listed 1201 Locust.