"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"

Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




Difference between revisions of "PALMETTO HALL"

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
PALMETTO HALL. Popular entertainment site prior to 1925. Located on Delhi Street (now University Avenue) across from O'Hagen Street, Palmetto Hall offered dancing or boxing entertainment prior to its closing in 1925. The hall and a saloon next-door were owned by Joseph L. "Jos" Hird. The hall became the location of [[METTILLE ROOFING & SHEET METAL WORKS]] This building was torn down in 2008.
+
[[Image:palmetto.png|left|thumb|250px|Palmetto Hall and Hird's Saloon. Photo courtesy: Center for Dubuque History and the Telegraph Herald.]]PALMETTO HALL. A popular entertainment site prior to 1925, Palmetto Hall located on Delhi Street (now University Avenue) across from O'Hagen Street. Palmetto Hall offered dancing or boxing entertainment prior to its closing in 1925. The hall and a saloon next-door were owned by Joseph L. "Jos" Hird.  
 +
 
 +
The hall became the location of [[METTILLE ROOFING & SHEET METAL WORKS]] This building was torn down in 2008.
  
 
[[Category: Buildings]]
 
[[Category: Buildings]]

Latest revision as of 20:32, 10 June 2018

Palmetto Hall and Hird's Saloon. Photo courtesy: Center for Dubuque History and the Telegraph Herald.
PALMETTO HALL. A popular entertainment site prior to 1925, Palmetto Hall located on Delhi Street (now University Avenue) across from O'Hagen Street. Palmetto Hall offered dancing or boxing entertainment prior to its closing in 1925. The hall and a saloon next-door were owned by Joseph L. "Jos" Hird.

The hall became the location of METTILLE ROOFING & SHEET METAL WORKS This building was torn down in 2008.