"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
OTT-MEUSER LUMBER COMPANY
OTT-MEUSER LUMBER COMPANY. Local firm started in 1896. A consolidation of the Meuser-Seippel and Svendon-Ott lumber companies after Seippel and Svendon left, the company was continued under the name Meuser Brothers Lumber Company with the retirement of Joseph John Ott in 1905. In 1907 Meuser joined Peter J. SEIPPEL to form the PETER J. SEIPPEL LUMBER COMPANY.
The 1899-1900 Dubuque City Directory listed Railroad Avenue and S. Main.
The 1904-1905 Dubuque City Directory located this business at Railroad Avenue and South Locust.