This tile was kilned in Holland for the roof of the Orpheum Theater now restored as Dubuque's FIVE FLAGS THEATER. When the theater was constructed in 1910 it was considered the finest theater in Iowa.
The theater was designed by C. W. and George Rapp, the nation's leading theater designers of the early 20th century. Architecturally the theater is an adaptation of SECOND EMPIRE ARCHITECTURE inspired by a theater in Paris, France.
The theater at 405 Main was restored and given to the people of Dubuque on March 13, 1976.