OGILBY'S BLOCK. The 1857-1858 Dubuque City Directory located Ogilby's Block on Main between Sixth and Seventh.
In February, 1892 the block containing two-three story stores was sold by order of the court. The property had been appraised at $27,000 and the court ruled it should not be sold for less than $29,000. It was purchased by Mrs. Elizabeth Horr, however, for $28,000. (1)
"Municipal Molecules," Dubuque Daily Herald, February 21, 1892, p. 8