"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
MYERS, TICE & CO.
The 1867 Dubuque City Directory and the 1868 Guide, Gazetteer and Directory of the Dubuque & Soux (sic) City Railroad stated that this business was located at 63 Main. According to the receipt, the salesroom was located at 322 Main while the factory was operating at 321 Iowa.In February 1895 J. H. Tice retired. His interest in the company was purchased by Dorrance Dixon MYERS, Walter G.|Walter G. COX and George W. Myers. (3) The company was renamed became MYERS-COX COMPANY.
1. "Caught on the Fly," Dubuque Herald, February 9, 1876, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=uh8FjILnQOkC&dat=18760209&printsec=frontpage&hl=en
2. Oldt, Franklin T. The History of Dubuque County, Iowa, Chicago: Western Historical Company, 1880, p. 660. Online: http://books.google.com/books?id=u9xDAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA660&lpg=PA660&dq=ARMINGTON,+MYERS+AND+COMPANY+%28DUBUQUE%29&source=bl&ots=0CpzHKDR7v&sig=DXoNCvzhy1Nn7eFikroEEIZHSJI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=VvOjUoGjEITLrgHomoGACg&ved=0CEQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=ARMINGTON%2C%20MYERS%20AND%20COMPANY%20%28DUBUQUE%29&f=false
3. "George Taken In," Dubuque Daily Herald, February 19, 1895, p. 5
The 1873-74 Dubuque City Directory listed 54 Main.
The 1884-1885 through 1890-91 Dubuque City Directory listed 322 Main as the address.