"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
The 1865 through 1875-1876 Dubuque City Directory stated that this business was located at the northeast corner of 8th and Bluff.
In August 1876 William L. BRADLEY, Sr. purchased the hotel for $27,500. The Barnard brothers, however, continued to operate the business. (5)
The building was destroyed by fire in 1917 and the site was later used for the construction of the home for the Telegraph Herald.
In the 1880 through 1899-1900 Dubuque City Directory the address was given as the corner of Julien and Bluff.
1. "Death of Peter A. Lorimier," The Herald, October 17, 1871, p. 4
2. "Caught on the Fly," Dubuque Herald, June 2, 1874, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=uh8FjILnQOkC&dat=18740602&printsec=frontpage&hl=en
3. "Improvements on the Lorimier House," Daily Herald, June 26, 1874, p. 4
4. "A Rich Token of Appreciation," Dubuque Herald, June 3, 1874. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=uh8FjILnQOkC&dat=18740603&printsec=frontpage&hl=en
5. "The Lorimier House," Dubuque Herald, August 3, 1876, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=uh8FjILnQOkC&dat=18760803&printsec=frontpage&hl=en