Photo provided by Jim Massey.
JACKSON VINEGAR COMPANY. Established in 1893, the Jackson Vinegar Company at 42 South Main Street handled vinegar, pickles, olives, baked beans, catsup and condiments. The firm was especially known for the "Jaxson" distilled white pickling and table vinegar. Nine men were employed in the Dubuque offices of the company and two salesmen operated in a territory including Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin in 1911.
The 1909 Dubuque City Directory located this business at 52 South Main.
The 1913 Dubuque and Dubuque County Directory gave this business address as 54-60 S. Main.
The 1923 Dubuque City Directory listed 64 Main.
The 1929 Dubuque City Directory listed 60-64 Main.