JACKSON, Edward. (Hopkinton, IA, Oct. 29, 1848--Unknown). Jackson, the son of Leroy JACKSON, opened his medical practice in Dubuque in 1874. He was a graduate of the College of Medicine and Surgery in Cincinnati, Ohio. In 1881 he graduated from the the Hahnemann Homeopathic College. Dr. Jackson was a member of the American Institute of Homeopathy, the Western Academy of Homeopathy, and the Hahnemann Association of Iowa.
In addition to his medical practice, Jackson served as vice-president of BUETTELL BROTHERS COMPANY in Dubuque. (1) He was secretary and treasurer of the Western Land Company; a director of the American Peat and Fertilizer Company in Quebec, Canada; and had an interest in the Tobasco, Chapias Trading and Transportation Company of Mexico.
1. Portrait and Biographical Record of Dubuque, Jones and Clayton Counties, Iowa. Chicago: Chapman Publishing Company, 1894, p. 317