"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"

Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




Difference between revisions of "J. H. GIESEY"

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 3: Line 3:
 
The company specialized in platform and spring wagons and repairing and painting vehicles.  
 
The company specialized in platform and spring wagons and repairing and painting vehicles.  
  
In the 1884-1885 ''Dubuque City Directory'', the address was given as 2404 Couler.
+
In the 1884-1885 '''Dubuque City Directory''', the address was given as 2404 Couler.
  
 
In 1887 the address of the business was Eighth Street, between Iowa and Clay [[STREETS]].
 
In 1887 the address of the business was Eighth Street, between Iowa and Clay [[STREETS]].

Latest revision as of 15:40, 9 November 2018

J. H. GIESEY. J. H. Giesey, a manufacturer and repairer of wagons and buggies, on Couler purchased the business of JOHN PICKUP on 8th Street on July 1, 1887.

The company specialized in platform and spring wagons and repairing and painting vehicles.

In the 1884-1885 Dubuque City Directory, the address was given as 2404 Couler.

In 1887 the address of the business was Eighth Street, between Iowa and Clay STREETS.

---

Source:

The Industries of Dubuque: Her Relations as a Trade Center, Dubuque: J. M. Elster and Company, Publishers, 1887, p. 94