J. & C. CHRISTMAN
J. & C. CHRISTMAN. In 1860 Charles CHRISTMAN became a member of the firm of WALLER AND CHRISTMAN, another hardware business. This business lasted until 1872 when Christman sold his interest to Jacob CHRISTMAN. The company was renamed J. & C. Christman. This business lasted three years when they sold out to HEALEY BROTHERS. In two years when Edward T. HEALEY died, Charles bought out his interest and the firm of CHRISTMAN & HEALEY was formed. This operated until at least 1894.
The 1874-1875 and 1875-1876 Dubuque City Directory stated that this business was located at 356 Main.