HIGLEY-MEYER ELECTRIC COMPANY
William Appel left the company in May 1945 and Edward J. Meyer joined the firm as secretary-treasurer in charge of store and appliance sales. After service in WORLD WAR II, Higley rejoined the firm in February 1946 as vice-president in charge of the contracting department. The store was remodeled in 1945 and the name changed to Higley-Meyer.
The 1948 Dubuque Classified Business Directory listed 765 Iowa.
The 1955 and 1959 Dubuque City Directory listed 962 Main and 2196 Central.
The 1964 through 1985 Dubuque City Directory listed 962 Main.
The company closed its business in Dubuque in 1991.
Chronology '79, Telegraph Herald, p. 7