"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
H. TRENKLE COMPANY
The company incorporated was incorporated in April, 1921 to deal generally in meats and meat products of cattle, hogs, sheep, poultry, and to engage in the manufacture and sale of meat and food products. Officers of the company included H. Trenkle, president; A. W. Neuwohner, vice-president, and William H. Trenkle, secretary. (1)
On November 12, 1970 Henry J. Trenkle, president of the H. Trenkle Company, announced the sale of the 76-year old company. The company which produced about forty-five smoked and unsmoked sausages and luncheon meats employed thirty-five persons. The new buyer which retained the Trenkle name took over the company on November 16, 1970. In 1981 the building was demolished. (2)
The 1929 Dubuque City Directory listed 1225-27 Central as the address.
The 1942 Dubuque Classified Business Directory through 1977 Dubuque City Directory listed the same address for H. Trenkle Company, Inc.
1. "New Company to Deal in Meats," Dubuque Telegraph-Herald, April 30, 1921, p. 23
2. "Trenkle Company Sale is Told," Telegraph Herald, November 13, 1970, p. 5
Directory of Dubuque Industries. Prepared by the Dubuque Industrial Bureau, 1967