"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
DUBUQUE REALTY COMPANY
The 1911-12 Dubuque City Directory and the 1913 Dubuque and Dubuque County Directory stated that this business was located at 504 BANK AND INSURANCE BUILDING. In 1918 it was located at 299 8th according to the Dubuque City Directory.
Located at 125 W. 8th St. from 1922 through 1948, Dubuque Realty stood to the right of the GRAND OPERA HOUSE. The DUBUQUE BUILDING AND LOAN ASSOCIATION occupied the space from 1954 to 1987 when HARVEST SAVINGS BANK moved in. This was replaced by FIRSTAR.
The 1974 Dubuque City Directory listed 1348 Main.
The 1977 through 1983 Dubuque City Directory listed Dubuque Realty at 1005 Locust.
1. "Dubuque Realty Company Takes Big Block of Stock," Dubuque Telegraph-Herald, September 16, 1917, p. 9