Photo courtesy: Jim Massey
DUBUQUE NATIONAL BANK. Established and incorporated on March 19, 1884, the Dubuque National Bank was located at 599 Main Street. The original officers were Benjamin Billings RICHARDS
, president; William J. KNIGHT
, vice president; and James HARRAGAN
, cashier. It was still located there in 1915 when the officers included Dorrance Dixon MYERS
, president and cashier; J.F. Harragan, assistant cashier; and George J. Horman, assistant cashier.
After it had acquired CITIZENS' STATE BANK (THE), Dubuque National was acquired in 1923 by SECOND NATIONAL BANK.
"Butchers, Bankers, and Cabinet Makers," Booklet accompanying the exhibit of artifacts by Robert Reding at the OLD JAIL 2007-2010
Oldt, Franklin T. History of Dubuque County, Iowa. http://www.ebooksread.com/authors-eng/franklin-t-oldt/history-of-dubuque-county-iowa-being-a-general-survey-of-dubuque-county-histor-tdl/page-21-history-of-dubuque-county-iowa-being-a-general-survey-of-dubuque-county-histor-tdl.shtml