DUBUQUE MANUFACTURING COMPANY
DUBUQUE MANUFACTURING COMPANY. Originally the foundry and machine shop of D. S. Cummings, the company was reorganized in 1867. The officers were D. S. Cummings, president; John George, vice-president, and Peter KIENE, secretary-treasurer. The company employed twenty-seven workers of whom "three-fourths were heads of families." The company specialized in the production of threshing machines.
The 1868 Guide, Gazetteer and Directory of the Dubuque & Soux (sic) City Railroad stated that this business was located at the corner of Washington and 10th.
The 1870-1871 Dubuque City Directory gave the address of this business as the southeast corner of 10th and Washington.
"The Manufacturing Interest," Dubuque Daily Herald, Dec. 15, 1867, p. 4. Online: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=jMZCAAAAIBAJ&sjid=casMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3423,6144162&dq=shot+manufacturing+dubuque&hl=en