DUBUQUE MALTING COMPANY
DUBUQUE MALTING COMPANY. Located at 30th and Jackson STREETS, Dubuque Malting was formed by the Western, Iowa, and Northern breweries which remained in operation until the new brewery was opened.
Beginning operation in 1892 the brewery had a capacity of 300,000 barrels which made it the largest brewery to operate in Iowa. The company produced both keg and bottled beer and bragged that it could produce more beer than any two other breweries combined. In kegs was produced Extra Pale Beer, Weiner Beer, and Muencher. Bottled beers included Banquet, Export, and Muenchener.
The company changed its name to the DUBUQUE BREWING AND MALTING COMPANY in 1903.
Carlson, Randy. The Breweries of Iowa. Arrow Printing: Bemidji, Minnesota, p. 33
Information booklet accompanying Bob Reding's display of Dubuque memorabilia from 2007-2010 at the Old Jail