"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
DUBUQUE BOARD OF REALTORS
DUBUQUE BOARD OF REALTORS. The National Association of Realtors was founded as the National Association of Real Estate Exchanges on May 12, 1908 in Chicago. With 120 founding members, 19 boards, and one state association, the organization's objective was "to unite the real estate men of America for the purpose of effectively exerting a combined influence upon matters affect real estate interests.
In May 1913 the Dubuque Real Estate Board was granted membership in the National Association of Real Estate Exchanges.
In 1916 the National Association of Real Estate Exchanges changed its name to the National Association of Real Estate Boards (NAREB). That year the term "REALTOR" was first used to identify real estate professionals who were members of the national association and who subscribed to its Code of Ethics. That year the Dubuque Real Estate Board published a monthly journal with a circulation of about eight thousand copies. This was devoted to the interest in Dubuque and the city in general.
In 1963 the Dubuque Board of Realtors celebrated its 50th anniversary. In 1968 the organization received the Third Place Award for its participation in the Make America Better Program to help solve the major problems of this nation's cities and towns.
In 1972 the Dubuque Board hosted the 54th Annual Iowa Association of REALTORS Convention. The name of the National Association of Real Estate Boards was changed to the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) and the Dubuque Board of Real Estate changed its name to the Dubuque Board of REALTORS. The block letter "R" logo was adopted in 1973.
In 2010 the Dubuque Board of REALTORS hosted the 92nd Iowa Association of REALTORS State Convention.
In 2013 the Dubuque Board of REALTORS celebrated its 100th anniversary.
The 1968 Dubuque City Directory listed 45 W. 7th.
The 1980 through 1985 Dubuque City Directory listed 603 Fischer Building.
The 1987 through 1993 Dubuque City Directory listed 1828 Carter Road.
"Fulfilling Dreams...One Home at a Time," Dubuque Board of Realtors, Inc. 1913-2013, May 30, 2013, p. 10-11