DUBUQUE ALTAR MANUFACTURING COMPANY
The company had two factories. One produced the statuary while the other was dedicated to manufacturing church furniture. The firm also manufactured a complete line of school furnishings. The factories and buildings covered 90,000 square feet and the company had its own side racks for receiving and shipping. Officers included J.J. Ott, President; M.J. Mulgrew, vice-president; W.H. Meuser, secretary, and P.F. Ryder, treasurer.
The 1909 Dubuque City Directory located this business at 860 19th.
The 1911-1912 Dubuque City Directory and 1913 Dubuque and Dubuque County Directory stated that this business was located at 19th and Pine.
The 1918 Dubuque Classified Business Directory through 1923 Dubuque City Directory listed 860 E. 19th.
The 1929 Dubuque City Directory 400-98 E. 19th.
The 1939 Dubuque City Directory listed 245 W. 1st.
"Dubuque Altar Manufacturing Company is the Largest in the United States," Dubuque Herald, January 1919, p. 1