DIAMOND JO BOAT YARD
On February 3, 1911 the DIAMOND JO LINE was sold to the Streckfus Company of Rock Island. For $200,000 the Streckfus Company obtained the steamers St. Paul, Quincy, Dubuque and Sidney. In addition it received the wharves, warehouses and boatyards of the company. (4) In 1911 the Dubuque City Directory listed a Streckfus Boat Yard at the end of Lincoln Avenue.
See: BOAT BUILDING.
1. Hudson, David; Bergman, Marvin; Horton, Loren. The Biographical Dictionary of Iowa. Iowa City: University of Iowa Press, 2008 p. 424
2. River News, Dubuque Herald, Mar. 22, 1882, p. 4. Online: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=FpRCAAAAIBAJ&sjid=LqsMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3146,6260675&dq=dubuque+marine+ways&hl=en
3. Oldt, Franklin. History of Dubuque County, Iowa. Chicago: Western Historical Company, 1880, p. 636
4. "On The River," Online: http://iagenweb.org/history/rivers/W_Blair/01Feb1931.htm