DENNIS BROS. COMPANY
In 1910 Dennis Bros. had been established over twenty-five years. It was originally known as Watters & Dennis before its reorganization in 1900.
The 1903 Dubuque County Rural Route Directory listed 136-146 Main.
In 1910 the firm was the largest jobber and wholesaler of flour in Iowa. The company did a general business of flour, feed, grain, hay, oil meal, molasses feeds, and poultry feeds.
The company owned two warehouses for storage of its flour. Between 4,000 to 5,000 barrels of flour were kept in stock at all times.
The 1909 Dubuque City Directory through 1948 Dubuque Classified Business Directory listed 106-120 Main as the address.
"Largest Jobbers of Flour in Iowa are Located in Dubuque," Telegraph Herald, Feb. 1910