"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"

Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




DEL-QUE SERVICE COMPANY

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to: navigation, search
1955 advertisement. Photo courtesy: Bob Reding
DEL-QUE SERVICE COMPANY. In January, 1939 the announcement was made that the Farm Bureau Service Company and later as the Farm Service Company operating in Dubuque and Delaware counties would be known in the future as the Del-Que Farm Service Company. The articles of incorporation were revised so that every Farm Bureau member for 1939 received a share of common stock in the company. The company had been organized in 1931. (1)

The 1951 Dubuque City Directory listed 183 Kaufman.

The 1955 Dubuque City Directory listed Asbury Road.

The 1964 and 1966 Dubuque City Directory listed 345 S. Main.

The 1968 and 1970 Dubuque City Directory listed the same address for Del-Que Farm Service Company.

---

Source:

1. "Farm Company Changes Name," Telegraph-Herald, January 8, 1939, p. 15