COCA-COLA BOTTLING COMPANY
COCA-COLA BOTTLING COMPANY. The first mention of "coco cola" (sic) being manufactured in Dubuque comes in 1905 when the company had thirty employees. From 1905 through 1910 the national company used clear bottles. Because these were expensive to make and were cleaned and reused, the company continued to use the old bottles but converted to the amber bottles from 1911 to 1915.
In 1915 the national company went to the "hobble-skirt" bottle familiar until cans were introduced. The Dubuque plant immediately converted to the company bottle, although the national company allowed local bottlers to continued using the straight-sided bottles until 1923.
In 1910 a portion of the former PEASLEE & COMPANY was leased to H. A. Hill for the manufacture of this product. (1)
The 1911-12 Dubuque City Directory listed 272 4th.
The 1922 through 1964 Dubuque City Directory listed 441 White.
The 1966 through 1993 Dubuque City Directory listed 2435 Kerper Blvd.
1. "Will Make Coco Cola in Dubuque," Telegraph Herald, April 26, 1910, p. 24. Online: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=w25CAAAAIBAJ&sjid=86oMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3732,1521922&dq=peaslee+and+company+dubuque&hl=en