CITY DRUG STORE
After two years, the lease expired and John Powell left the partnership. Benjamin Powell remained as the sole proprietor until August 1878 when he sold the business to Charles J. Brayton. Powell remained in the capacity as the prescription clerk.
The drug store was located at 896 Main according to the 1878-79 and 1880 Dubuque City Directory. The 1890-91 Dubuque City Directory listed 817 Main for an insurance agency and real estate.