CHRISTMAN & HEALEY
CHRISTMAN & HEALEY. In 1860 Charles CHRISTMAN became a member of the firm of WALLER AND CHRISTMAN, another hardware business. This business lasted until 1872 when Christman sold his interest to Jacob CHRISTMAN. The company was renamed J. & C. CHRISTMAN. This business lasted three years when they sold out to Healey Brothers. In two years when Edward T. HEALEY died, Charles bought out his interest and the firm of Christman & Healey was formed. This operated until at least 1894.
According to the 1883 Dubuque City Directory, this business was located at 384 Main.
The 1884-1885 through 1899-1900 Dubuque City Directory listed 378 Main as the address.
Oldt, Franklin. History of Dubuque County, Iowa. Chicago: Western Historical Company, 1880, p. 802
Portrait and Biographical Record of Dubuque, Jones and Clayton Counties, Iowa. Chapman Publishing Company, 1894, p. 317