CENTRAL BATTERY AND ELECTRIC COMPANY
The 1939 through 1948 Dubuque Classified Business Directory listed 65-73 Main.
The 1951 through 1957 Dubuque City Directory listed 65 Main.
This single-story auto showroom replaced Peter Even’s coal and wood yard on the same site. Lange & Tscharner replaced his firm in 1922. It was later a truck terminal and from 1938 through the early 1960s it housed the CENTRAL BATTERY AND ELECTRIC COMPANY. Even was born in 1856 and came to the city in 1878 and solely owned his wood and coal business by 1904. He also sold implements. He added automobiles to his trade and built this building. (1)
Site Inventory Form, State Historical Society of Iowa, Dec. 1, 1999, Online: http://www.cityofdubuque.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/2927, p. 5