"SHSI Certificate of Recognition"
"Best on the Web"

Encyclopedia Dubuque

www.encyclopediadubuque.org

"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN

Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.




Difference between revisions of "CASINO BOWLING LEAGUE"

From Encyclopedia Dubuque
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
CASINO BOWLING LEAGUE. In 1898 the City of Dubuque had only two regulation bowling alleys. In 1900 the interest in the sport had led to ten alleys--Schreiner and Stoltz had four, Marquette Hall had two,  J. W. Dick had two, Germania Hall had two, and two were to be constructed in St. Mary's parish in a new building. (1)
+
CASINO BOWLING LEAGUE. In 1898 the City of Dubuque had only two regulation bowling alleys. In 1900 the interest in the sport had led to ten alleys--Schreiner and Stoltz had four, Marquette Hall had two,  J. W. Dick had two, Germania Hall had two, and two were to be constructed in St. Mary's parish in a new building called the Casino. (1)
  
 
In 1904 the Casino Bowling League had as member clubs the Search Lights, Opals, Tigers, Royals, EZs, and X-Rays. (2)
 
In 1904 the Casino Bowling League had as member clubs the Search Lights, Opals, Tigers, Royals, EZs, and X-Rays. (2)

Latest revision as of 10:47, 17 May 2018

CASINO BOWLING LEAGUE. In 1898 the City of Dubuque had only two regulation bowling alleys. In 1900 the interest in the sport had led to ten alleys--Schreiner and Stoltz had four, Marquette Hall had two, J. W. Dick had two, Germania Hall had two, and two were to be constructed in St. Mary's parish in a new building called the Casino. (1)

In 1904 the Casino Bowling League had as member clubs the Search Lights, Opals, Tigers, Royals, EZs, and X-Rays. (2)

---

Source:

1. "The Bowlers Are Active," Dubuque Herald, September 23, 1900, p. 5

1. "Search Lights Winners," Dubuque Herald, December 16, 1904, p. 5