"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
The 1865 Dubuque City Directory listed the corner of 2nd and Main.
The ownership of the business changed in 1866 from a Mrs. Mulqueney to her nephew. The saloon was turned into a retail grocery store. (1)
The 1874-1875 through 1880 Dubuque City Directory stated that this business was located at 144 2nd.
"Changes Extraordinary," Dubuque Herald, August 8, 1866, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=uh8FjILnQOkC&dat=18660808&printsec=frontpage&hl=en