CAESAR BROTHERS. Wholesale dealers in fancy groceries, Caesar Brothers was operated by August and Charles Caesar who were both natives of Germany. August came to the United States in 1858 and the same year came to Dubuque. He was associated with the grocery trade in the city for over twenty years. Charles came to this country four years later, and in 1869 the firm of Caesar Brothers was organized.
The 1870-1871 Dubuque City Directory gave the address of this business as the northeast corner of 4th and Iowa.
The 1873-74 Dubuque City Directory listed 30 Main.
The 1874-1875 and 1875-1876 Dubuque City Directory stated that this business was located at 230 Main.
The 1875 and 1880 Dubuque City Directory listed 233 Main.
Oldt, Franklin. The History of Dubuque County, Iowa. Chicago: Western History Company, 1880, p. 770