C. J. CORKERY
The 1867 Dubuque City Directory gave the address for this business as the west side of Main 5 south of 1st.
The 1868 Guide, Gazetteer and Directory of the Dubuque & Soux (sic) City Railroad stated that this business was located on Main between 1st and Jones.
The 1868-1869 and 1870-1871 Dubuque City Directory gave the address of this business as the south side of 1st between Main and Locust.
The 1873-74 Dubuque City Directory listed the south side of 1st 5 west of Main.
The 1875-1876 Dubuque City Directory placed the business at 737 Main.
Corkery left Dubuque in 1876 and settled in LeMars in another line of work. (1)
1. "Going to Leave," Dubuque Herald, March 7, 1876, p. 4. Online: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=uh8FjILnQOkC&dat=18760307&printsec=frontpage&hl=en