"Encyclopedia Dubuque is the online authority for all things Dubuque, written by the people who know the city best.”
Marshall Cohen—researcher and producer, CNN
Affiliated with the Local History Network of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the Iowa Museum Association.
Constructed of limestone, brick, adobe and asphalt, the structure represents an early and massive warehouse design indicating the growing importance of jobbing and warehousing to the city’s economy. M. M. WALKER COMPANY, wholesale grocers, occupied the new building for five years, followed by JOHN T. HANCOCK & SONS, and after 1908 the WESTERN GROCER COMPANY. The last named was here into the 1950s. (1)
Site Inventory Form, State Historical Society of Iowa, Online: http://www.cityofdubuque.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/2927, p. 7